Do you have what it takes?
Wanted: Freelance proofreader for packaging design. Y'know...when we sat down to write this ad, we thought we would add some extra cheese and put in plenty of mistakes for you to catch. But you're better than that, and so are we. Our list of must-haves—
- Attention to detail (duh).
- Demonstrable experience proofing packaging/packaging design, including the nitty-gritty of product codes, nutritional panels, dubious-sounding ingredient names, and the love, patience and understanding of a parent whose really artistic children can't spell worth a damn and constantly forget the Mac shortcut for "emdash."
- A fondness for the odd insanity of looking at packaging keylines, WHICH ARE NOT YOUR REGULAR, EVERYDAY KEYLINES—sometimes many rounds, sometimes many versions, sometimes many varieties, and sometimes all the same day.
- Availability during agency business hours. Of course, this means that we'd contact you with work between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. But there may also be times when we need your services overnight or at less-regular times. If this is the case, we'll give you as much heads-up as we can because we already like you and don't want to lose you as a friend.
- Added bonus, but not mandatory: awareness around/understanding of food packaging regulations.