A new study from VisionCritical outlines and analyzes consumer social media usage and insights to driving sales through social engagement. Pinterest most likely to drive spontaneous purchases.
Key Findings among a survey of 6000 social media users & consumers:
- 4 in 10 social media users have purchased an item online or in-store after sharing or favoriting it on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest
- Social Media drives roughly equal amounts of online and in-store purchasing
- Half of social media-related purchasing takes place within 1 week of sharing or favoriting the ultimately-purchased item
- 68% of Facebook Users are "lurkers" who post only rarely, so the influence of social on their purchasing will not be visible from social media analytics alone
- Pinterest is the network most likely to drive spontaneous purchasing
Read more from the source: VisionCritical